Per intake, 20 researchers will be selected. To be eligible for the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership you should be an early career researcher with sustainability focus, affiliated to a European research institution, and
- have obtained your doctorate no more than four years prior to applying (family and caring times excluded),
- be an excellent researcher with a vision (societal impact),
- have a strong interest and experience in doing inter- and transdisciplinary sustainability research, and
- do research that asks for the complementarity of natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities.
- have a research topic relevant to this year’s focus topic “Food systems/ sovereignty”,
- be on the way to professorship and academic leadership positions,
- be an academic intrapreneur, who acts responsible and initiates positive changes and innovation within his/ her institution,
- be a shaper, a shaker and a mover,
- have excellent English language skills (CEFR Level C2),
- be committed to attending all seminars and relevant networking activities and
- have funds for their research for the majority of the course run.
Applicants should be early-career researchers at an academic institution in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia,Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican.
An online application form is linked here in the period from 15th February 2018 to 15th April 2018.
You need to register on the online platform in order to view the application form. Once registered you can work on your application. Please safe regularly. You can return to your application and continue to work on it any time until 15th April 2018.
If your application is considered successful in the first stage, you will be invited to an assessment workshop. The assessment workshop will take place in the Robert Bosch Stiftung – Berlin Representative Office on Tuesday, 26th June 2018.
15th February till 15th April 2018
Online application (motivation, CV, letter of support, etc.)
26th June 2018
Assessment workshop (personal presentation, group work, etc.)
Until 16th July 2018
Notification to applicants on the result of the selection
10th October to 12th October 2018
Fundamentals of Inter- and Transdisciplinarity
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin/ Germany
11th to 13th February 2019
Transdisciplinary research environments
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg/ Germany
9th to 11th October 2019
Transformation to Sustainability, Transformative Capacity and Agency
Stockholm Resilience Centre/ Sweden
18th March to 20th March 2020
Social Innovation and Local Experimentation for Transformative Change
Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT), Rotterdam/ The Netherlands