Cultural Managers in Greece
We welcome applications from aspiring cultural managers permanently residing in Greece who combine a successful graduation in academic or artistic studies with a record of first working experience in the area of culture. Key to applying to START is the aim and commitment to kick-start and to sustain an independent cultural initiative that generates a positive social impact.
Please check if your profile meets the following criteria:
- Permanently residing in Greece
- Graduate in the area of arts and cultural studies OR graduate of another area with work experience in the cultural field
- Junior management experience with cultural initiatives through volunteering or professional work
- Good command of English
Please review if your culture initiative is geared towards:
- Motivating existing potential in your cultural area
- Actively involving your local community in the process
- Connecting with local cultural institutions
First of all, START offers cultural mangers in Greece participation in a rich capacity building and fellowship program. Please refer for details to comprehensive program overview.
Living costs and travel expenses
- During the time of participation in the START program (i.e. in phase I and phase II), all START fellows will receive a monthly subsistence of Euro 800.
- Accommodation in Germany during START phase I will be provided through the program.
- Travel expenses, which are part of the program, will be covered as well.
After having received your application, a selection committee composed of representatives from each of the partner organizations of START and experts of cultural management will review and grade it according to the following selection criteria:
- Completeness of application
- Statement of motivation
- Originality and maturity of proposed culture initiative
Successful applicants will receive an invitation to an interview which will take place in the second week of July at the Goethe-Institut in Thessaloniki. Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to Euro 100.
Cultural Centers in Germany
We also welcome applications from German cultural centers and initiatives which are eager to offer one cultural manager from Greece a job shadowing opportunity as part of the START capacity building program. We particularly encourage organizations to apply that focus on a socio-cultural approach in their activities.
- Organizing the fellow's accommodation (rental costs will be reimbursed up to max. Euro 750 for six weeks)
- Mentoring the fellow personally and in English during the six weeks of job shadowing
- Providing the fellow with insight in your center’s work and the current activities
- Actively involving the fellow in a project your institution is planning to conduct or prepare in the time of the job shadowing. The program is open for any kind of artistic reflection (performing art, visual art, media, literature, etc)
- Providing the framework which enables the START fellow to launch a small scale project in your institution as part of the job shadowing (project costs will be reimbursed up to max. Euro 1.500).
- Supporting the fellow in developing the idea of his project with which he can apply to phase II of the program (focusing on fundraising, cost and financing plan, acquisition of participants, project management, public relations and communication strategy)
The guest institution are eligible to receive up to Euro 5.750 max.. The amount is subdivided in:
- Euro 3.500 fixed administration costs;
- up to Euro 1.500 max. reimbursement of expenses (material costs, fees) for implementation of a small-scale project
- up to Euro 750 max. reimbursement of rental costs for the fellow’s accommodation
Please note: The fellows receive a monthly subsistence of Euro 800.