Opportunities for University Students
Are you a university student looking to get some practical experience for your future career? If so, you can join us as a student intern.
Students of the humanities, social sciences, or economics have the opportunity to gain their first professional experience with us, whether at our Stuttgart headquarters or our Representative Office in Berlin. In total, we offer two to three student internship placements (with a commitment of ten hours a week) in each area of the Foundation (central area, specialist areas, communication, Berlin Representative Office). The positions will be advertised on an ad hoc basis.
- Approx. 10 to 12 hours; may be increased (during semester breaks)
- shift patterns: flexible, depending on your study timetable
Handling organizational tasks such as
- Updating addresses
- Logging requests and inquiries
- Sending out publications
- Involvement in event organization
- Appointment monitoring
- Producing and sending circulars
- Up-to-date matriculation certificate from your university
- Proficiency with MS Office plus good German and English
- Ideally prior work experience in the form of internships
- Team spirit, diligence, a structured working style, and flexible thinking
- Meaningful and interesting work with a long-term purpose at one of Germany’s largest foundations
- Valuable insight into the work of the Foundation
- Flexible working hours and an appropriate level of remuneration
Are you a student of the humanities, social sciences, or economics who is planning a thesis? If so, you have the opportunity to write a practice-oriented thesis (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree) at our headquarters in Stuttgart, either in the central area or on a specific project.
You must have previously completed a six-month internship or a one-year student internship at the Foundation, and the subject of your thesis must have a clear link to the work of the Foundation.
- Commitment and flexible thinking
- Team spirit and excellent social skills
- An interest in social and (inter)cultural issues
- Targeted exploration of the topic with us and your university
- Qualified support with a personal supervisor
- Valuable opportunities to obtain career guidance and establish a professional network
- If all necessary criteria are met, you may be offered a permanent position following the completion of your thesis