Engaging with China
"Engaging with China" ("China im Gespräch") aims at providing a platform for high-ranking speakers from both countries, to continue to explore economical, political and societal issues related to China and Germany. Experts are chosen not only for their high-quality input but also because they share the common belief that a more nuanced approach to China is needed, which involves questioning mainstream notions or oversimplistic linear narratives.
Mit dem Recht regieren - Chinas Justizreformen auf dem Prüfstand
- He Weifang, Professor at Peking University
- Sabine Stricker-Kellerer, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
China - India Relations Under Xi and Modi: Paradigm Shift or Business as Usual?
- Kabir Taneja, journalist and scientist, currently at the Fridtjof Nansen Institute in Oslo
- Wang Chengzhi, historian and professor at the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
Showdown or Slowdown: What to Expect for China’s Economic Developement 2015 and beyond
- Yao Yang, China Center for Economic Research, National School of Development University Beijing, and Richard von Weizsäcker Fellow at Robert Bosch Academy
- Carsten Herrmann-Pillath, Universität Witten/Herdecke
The PRC at 65: Where Is China Heading under Xi?
- Prof. Huang Jing, Director of the Centre on Asia and Globalisation, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore and Richard von Weizsäcker-Fellow of the Robert Bosch Academy
China's new foreign policy
- S.E. SHI Mingde, Ambassador of the People's Republic of China
- Dr. Michael Schaefer, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, BMW Foundation Herbert Quand
Migrants and Megacities - China’s Urbanization Model under the Microscope
- Shi Ming, Journalist, Author
- Dr. Roland Winkler, Sinologist, Urban planner, MUDI